[AccessD] Personal question about OCX

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed May 14 01:43:34 CDT 2003

On 14 May 2003 at 16:08, Michael Maddison wrote:

> You can download an ocx (NTSVC.ocx) from MS that you can use in VB5/6
> to enable the exe to run as a service.  In .Net you can create a
> service type app straight off.  You could maybe automate the email exe
> from there.  I'm not too optimistic though as I recall trying this
> some years ago and ran into permission problems. Basically MS doesn't
> like services sending email :-) I ended up using scheduler as it
> suited my needs at the time.

Services can send emails in Windows with no problem. A lot of people
run the Mercury mailserver as a service using Firedaemon.

Possibly the problem was more with a service trying to use Outlook to
send mail rather than using it's own SMTP interface or MAPI.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg