[AccessD] Numbering Different Criteria

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Thu May 15 08:40:55 CDT 2003

The numbering scheme has been used for awhile now & kept in a paper log
(ooohh). We need to keep the same numbering for history and searching for
documents.

Anyway, how do you create a form that will look at the last sequence of
numbers and assign the next number based on all the combinations, Document
Number, Section, Revision, & Change?

What I was thinking - from a dropdown list use the document number to filter
for only the numbers for documents (AB1234). I was not able to concatenate
the document number & the section & still filter the records for only Civil
(AB1234-C). I tried the below code (didn't work)

' Find the record that matches the control.
    Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "[DocNo] = '" & Me![cboDocNum] & " AND
[Section] = " & Me![cboDocNum] & "'"

How do I have it determine what the last (or the next) revision & change
letter is for the Civil document AB1234?

Virginia