[AccessD] Mouse pointer

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Thu May 15 09:10:33 CDT 2003

OK I have inserted the sample code into a module and tried to change the
mouse pointer using one of the constants. Nothing happens. Stepping through
the code

Public Const IDC_CROSS = 32515&

Declare Function LoadCursorBynum Lib "user32" Alias "LoadCursorA" _
  (ByVal hInstance As Long, ByVal lpCursorName As Long) As Long

Declare Function SetCursor Lib "user32" _
  (ByVal hCursor As Long) As Long

Function MouseCursor(CursorType As Long)
  Dim lngRet As Long
  lngRet = LoadCursorBynum(0&, CursorType)
  lngRet = SetCursor(lngRet)
End Function

having called it as so -> MouseCursor(IDC_CROSS), with a watch on lngRet I'm
finding that the value of lngRet = 0 at all times. I'm inept at API to say
the least - what am I missing here?

Roz