[AccessD] Quirk in append query

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu May 15 14:59:43 CDT 2003

If your source table is not filling in a required field in the
destination table, you can easily have this problem.  Since no records
are being appended, that would be the first place I would look.  Make
sure that all the fields you're trying to append should really be
appended and that any missing values are being handled corrected.  For
example, if you have a numeric field that is required and has a default
of zero, trying to append a null to it will cause problems because the
null will overwrite the default.

Charlotte Foust