[AccessD]

Bruce Bruen bbruen at bigpond.com
Thu May 15 19:05:15 CDT 2003

Dear List,

Given the following is as simple as it looks,  can anyone shed any light
on the compile error that it generates?

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Private mstr_clubname As String

Private Property Set clubname(ByVal iname As String)
<<<<----------error here!
''set the attribute with the supplied name of the club
        Set mstr_clubname = iname
End Property

''returns the value of the clubname attribute
Public Property Get clubname() As String
        clubname = mstr_clubname
End Property

The compile error is "Definitions of property procedures for the same
property are inconsistent or contain optional parameters or a
ParamArray"

Not according to this little black duck!  I've even asked a colleague to
read the help file item on the error and she cant understand a word of
it either, not that I believe it applies in any case.  However, I have
deleted EVERY other pice of code in the class module and the error is
still there.

Tia
Bruce