[AccessD] BE, Back Up Question

Bob Hall rjhalljr at starpower.net
Sat May 17 22:00:13 CDT 2003

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 10:02:17PM -0400, Robert Gracie wrote:

> I'm trying to backup an open split back-end using the code below. This is a
> "third" db that is opening up a back-end and copying the tables and data to
> a newly created db. However I keep getting this error.
>
> 7874 SXP Maintenance System can't find the object 'Customer.' Note: SXP
> Maintenance is the name of the calling db

Sounds like database corruption. I don't fully understand the internal
gears and levers, but Access seems to keep two sets of records of the
objects in a database: one in the system tables, and one in the
containers. Every once in a long while, when you delete an object,
it will delete the object from the system tables, which allows the
db to function normally, but leaves the deleted object name in the
containers. So if you search the containers for object names, you'll
get the name of an object that doesn't exist. From your code, I'm
guessing that that's your problem.

A long term solution might be to search for names in the system tables
and avoid the containers. To get your existing code working, make a
backup copy of your mdb file and try one or all of the following:
1) Compact and Repair
2) the decompile switch
3) create an empty mdb file and import all the objects in your old
   mdb into your new, empty mdb. Archive the old mdb and use the
   new mdb.

Bob Hall