[AccessD] OT: Network over the phone lines

Frank Tanner III pctech at mybellybutton.com
Mon May 19 09:23:24 CDT 2003

No problemo.  When I wired all of the network
connections in my house, I also wired all of the phone
lines using CAT5.  Mainly because I can.  It DOES help
with phone clarity, but not really enough to justify
the expense unless you're already doing it.  And I get
the added bonus of telling the phone company they're
full of it when they try to tell me the noise on the
line is because of the wiring in my house....hehehe

I am my Internet and phone company's worst nightmare.
A "user" that knows more than their support
people....hehe  I usually ask to speak directly to
their Network Ops people so I can tell them how to fix
the problem, rather than just telling them I have a
problem...hehehe

--- Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software