[AccessD] does Access allow Replace in sql window ?

Porter, Mark MPorter at acsalaska.com
Wed May 21 13:17:08 CDT 2003

I love the Switch function for queries.  Combine it with a left() and you're
in business.

! From Help-----
Switch Function Example

The following example uses the Switch function to determine the appropriate
language for a specified city based on the values of the ShipCountry and
ShipCity fields in an Orders table. You can enter the following expression
in a calculated control on a form or report. The expression is shown on
multiple lines for clarity; you can also enter it on a single line.

= Switch([ShipCity] = "Madrid", "Spanish", _
    [ShipCity] = "Berlin", "German", _
    [ShipCity] = "Torino", "Italian", _
    [ShipCountry] = "France", "French", _
    True, "English")
If the city is Madrid, the Switch function returns "Spanish"; if it is
Berlin, it returns "German"; and so on. If the city is not one of those
listed, but the country is France, it returns "French". If the city in
question is not in the list, the Switch function returns "English".

-----

Mark