[AccessD] OT: DSL/IIS/Viruses

Jim DeMarco Jdemarco at hshhp.org
Fri May 23 10:44:06 CDT 2003

Thanks Martin.

>From what I'm gathering from this thread I should look into a hardware solution (that the fact that I'm running WinME on a P200 that's a relatively slow performer as is).  How costly might that be?

Jim DeMarco

-----Original Message-----
From: Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
[mailto:Mwp.Reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 11:12 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: RE: [AccessD] OT: DSL/IIS/Viruses

Jim

You run a web server at hoem your always at risk of hacking attempts. Put up a secent firewall.

I have IIS running on a server here but its not connected to the web. Dosnt matter for dev work at all. I connect as and when I need to. Other than
that I leave the server of the modems.

Martin