[AccessD] Good Interface Examples

Bruce Bruen bbruen at bigpond.com
Sat May 24 08:41:24 CDT 2003

In actual fact what your eyes see is edges not "white" or "black".  The
rods and cones fire when a change in the "lightbeam" that hits those
cells occurs. Your eyes make teeny weeny little movements all the time
so you can discern the edges that occur on static visual stimulii ( eg
writing on a page). Thus the argument of seeing what is or is not there
is fallacious - you must have the edges present in the stimulii to see
anything.   For years I insisted that I preferred white on blue as the
less eye straining computer screen layout - now that my eyes have
deteriorated to the point where I cannot read anything less than 14pt
time roman without glasses I have gone back to black on white - and hate
white on blue with a passion, especially on paper.  In fact, I dislike
most web pages on principal regardless of colouring.  Come to think of
it, computers are a bloody poor idea........ fades away into the (red on
yellow) sunset home for old programmers, singing, singing "I'm a
lumberjack.........