[AccessD] OT: CSS - External .css

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed May 28 17:26:48 CDT 2003

I'd say you are SOOL.

"User agents do not generally *render* elements that appear in the
HEAD as content. They may, however, make information in the HEAD
available to users through *other mechanisms*."
(Emphasis added)

This part appears to me to say that the user agent doesn't have to
use any mark up you specify for the title, so you can't rely on the
way any particular browser will handle things like
<h3><title>..<title><h3>: :

"Titles may contain character entities (for accented characters,
special characters, etc.), but may not contain other markup
(including comments)"

This part appears say quite conclusively that you CANNOT specify the
font size or any other attributes of the Title.