[AccessD] VERY SLOW report

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Thu May 29 15:59:35 CDT 2003

Barb,

  That's a pretty heavy duty report.  Without seeing it directly, it's
difficult to say if it could be optimized or not.  So a couple of general
suggestions:

1. Optimize current report - i.e. are fields that need to be indexed
indexed, move calculations up to the highest query level, etc.
2. Prebuild some of the data in temp tables.
3. Break up into separate reports -  I do understand that they need to
submit all this info, but does it really need to be on "one" report.  Is the
end customer going to know that it was 5 reports that printed a page apiece
or 1 report that printed 5 pages?

Jim Dettman
President,
Online Computer Services of WNY, Inc.