[AccessD] Summarizing like data - suggestions?

Brown, Bryan Bryan.Brown at acsalaska.com
Mon Nov 3 18:41:36 CST 2003

Hi everyone,

I listen a lot and offer help when I'm able (which, as a relative newcomer
when compared to many of you, is not often) and now I could use some help. I
have two tables of like data (or it could be one table with multiple rows of
similar records) and I need to combine the records when appropriate into one
table...

It seems simple enough, but it eludes me. I have about 3000 records to
compare and summarize. If all data elements, except hours, are the same
then, I add the hours, else I have to have separate entries. Any suggestions
would be appreciated - Thanks!

Example of Multiple rows in one table:

Sample Data Before Summary
Emplid;Name;Rate ;Title     ;Hours1;Hours2
100001;Fred; 9.50;Dishwasher;40    ;22
100001;Fred;15.00;Head Cook ;35    ;18
100002;Bob ; 9.00;Waiter    ;40    ;22
100002;Bob ; 9.00;Waiter    ;60    ;10

Desired Result Data after Summary
Emplid;Name;Rate ;Title     ;Hours1;Hours2
100001;Fred; 9.50;Dishwasher;40    ;22
100001;Fred;15.00;Head Cook ;35    ;18
100002;Bob ; 9.00;Waiter    ;100   ;32

This transmittal may contain confidential information intended solely for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly
us immediately by reply or by telephone (collect at 907-564-1000) and ask to
speak with the message sender. In addition, please immediately delete this
message and all attachments. Thank you. ACS3/11/2003