[AccessD] SOLVED: Omit Records from Report Total

Mark Boyd MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com
Thu Nov 6 11:49:06 CST 2003

I resolved this issue by simply creating another field in the table, and
running an update query to populate this field with the amount only if
[ProposalStatus] <> 'Lost'.
I then changed the textboxes on the report to sum this new field.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Boyd
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 11:12 AM
To: AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Omit Records from Report Total

I have a table with 3 fields: [Office], [ProposalStatus], and [Amount].

In my report, I group on [Office], with [ProposalStatus] and [Amount] in
the Detail section.

In the [Office] Footer, I have a textbox with a control source of
'=Sum([Amount])'.

However, I have been informed that this textbox should not include
records with a [ProposalStatus] of 'Lost'.

Therefore, I need the textbox to be the total amount of all records that
have a [ProposalStatus] <> 'Lost'.

Is there any way to do this?

Mark Boyd

Sr. Systems Analyst