[AccessD] [dba-VB] Visual Basic Question/Access

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Fri Nov 28 10:18:04 CST 2003

To all,

I created a VB6 application a while back, I added the Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library so that I could import spreadsheets & text files using DoCmd.TransferText or DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet commands.  All worked fine so I left it as it was, I have just gone to run it and I get the error message:

            This Operation Requires An Open Database.

I haven’t changed any code and it worked the last time I ran the application.  So I guess I need to know either why it may not be working now or how I can get it to work.  Or is there another way I can change this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul Hartland