[AccessD] Running local file format

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 3 01:46:35 CST 2003

Hi All:

This is a simple question I am sure but the life of me I can not remember or
find the related code. (Advanced years and all)

Can you set up Access to, under program control to run/display any file that
the local computer recognizes, like a Word document, pdf file, spreadsheet
or maybe a web page without writing specific code for each type. I have
written procedures for Word Excel and Web pages but there must be any easier
way than blocks of code for each extension. A browser web page can do this
but can an Access program?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

MTIA
Jim