[AccessD] defining constants as hex numbers

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Nov 3 08:57:07 CST 2003

Hi John

OK, I guess you know what you're doing.

I just recall this old example which blows if the trailing "&" is
omitted:

<code>

    Dim WinVer%
    Dim LoByte%
    Dim HiByte%

    WinVer = GetVersion() And &HFFFF&
    LoByte = WinVer And &HFF   ' major version
    HiByte = WinVer \ &HFF     ' minor version

    IsWin95 = (HiByte / 100 + LoByte) >= 3.95

</code

GerVersion returns something like 83910403 for a Win2000 machine.

/gustav