[AccessD] Read-Only error message opening database

Stuart Sanders stuart at pacific.net.hk
Thu Nov 6 03:59:01 CST 2003

Not an expert on the error, but I suspect access gives you that error before
passing control to the database file.  You should be able to test for it by
putting a msgbox as the first action and then setting up the circumstances to
cause the error.  See which somes first ... The read only error or the message
box.

Not sure how complex your db is but one option would be to use a separate mdb to
do the report changes, and programatically manipulate the target mdb directly
via automation.  Then you can can trap the read only state by testing for
exclusive access.

Stuart