[AccessD] running code in a database without referencing the db

Henry Simpson hsimpson88 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:43:59 CST 2003

As an attempt at a possible solution, I defined a function that was called
by a query in mdb1.  I then created a query in mdb2 named functionName with
an IN clause that referenced the query in mdb1 and it returned an "Undefined
function 'functionName' in Expression' message.  I then defined a different
function with the name 'functionName' in mdb2 and ran the query in mdb2 and
the resulting recordset used the calculation from mdb2 while the function in
mdb1 was not called.

In any event, using a query with a calculated field that calculates one time
is not able to call a function in its own container mdb as I had thought it
might.  The function must be defined in the application.  I can't imagine
any other way of trying this without a reference to the container
application.  Good luck but you will probably have to create the reference
on the fly.

Hen