[AccessD] POLL: Access Security

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Thu Nov 13 06:30:43 CST 2003

Kath, I totaly agree with you.

I believe I'm a 3, but I find Access security insuffcient and
unpractical to use so I stopped using it (for same reasons as you state
in point 2, I want to add that a office repair each time reset or
overwrites your MDW file).
Further more my clients are SME's and I develop taylor made applications
for them.
Belgian law (I believe it a European guideline) says that with Taylor
made software you are obligated to deliver the source code of your
application to the customer. So I don't see the point of protecting it
furthermore than wat you stipulate in point 1 and 3.
Only thing that a non-profesional can not change is the
splash/info/license form with wy name, logo etc on it. I would like to
protect that better, but that the only thing.

Erwin