[AccessD] POLL: Access Security

Greg Smith weeden1949 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 08:04:36 CST 2003

John:

I'm probably a hefty 2.  I doubt I'd need to have any books...We have one
large County (Recorder's Office) client that has the full Access security
invoked (I've done others, but not on this scale).  It's been years in the
making (was just installed about a year and a half ago and is still
working...) and it took a lot of time to get it all tweaked properly (not
Access security issues but the Client kept changing the requirements....:o).
And only ONCE did we get it locked down so well neither of us (two
programmers) could get into it.  Taa daa!  Praise the Lord for BACKUP
copies.

The security on this system works well, but one caveat, and it's probably
true with ANY type of global security, is that when you need to make
changes, additions, etc., you have to make sure that whatever it is you are
changing or adding, security must be a major part of the modification.
Since I deal with questions from this client weekly, if not daily, I get to
keep up on all their security as well...!!!

Greg Smith
weeden1949 at hotmail.com