[AccessD] POLL: Access Security

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 13 10:08:40 CST 2003

Steve,

 <<Have you demonstrated to clients how to break the security? >>

  No as there is no need.  I simply show them the results of a google search
for cracking tools, mention that even Microsoft will tell you how if hard
pressed, and even if someone wanted to go the semi-legitimate route and pay
$45 or so, they can get at anything they want.

<<What would you show a client who had a bug up his rear about Access
"security?">>

  A. If they want security, use another product.
  B. If they still want me to do it, it's going to cost them lots both in
initial effort and maintaining it.

  B *always* wins<g>

Jim Dettman
President,