[AccessD] Poll: How many versions of Access are you running on one machine? X Posted

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Nov 19 19:53:43 CST 2003

On 19 Nov 2003 at 17:36, Joe Hecht wrote:

> I have one machine and Access 97, 2000, XP and 2003.
>
> The OS is win XP.
>
> How many people have more than one version of Access on one machine.
> Which versions? What are most clients still using?

2.0, 97 and 2K on one machine.
97 and 2K on several others.

I've got a couple of client sites with mixed 97/2000 installations (work
stations range from old Compaq P133/32MB machines running W95 up to the
latest Dells  running W2K).  Back ends are 97, front end MDEs are both 97
and 2K.   I always have at least one machine with A97 and A2K installed
on the site.

As the older machines die, more and more machines switch over to the 2K
version - hopefully in a couple of years, I'll be able to retire the A97
FEs and upgrade the BEs :-)

One my primary dev machine in the office, I have a dual boot system with
Office 97 running under 98SE and Office 2K running under W2KPro. It also
has Office 4.3 (Access v2.0) on the 98SE partition - I installed it a
year or so ago to crack an old protected v2 application so that I could
upgrade it to 2K. Took me a while to find the installation set <g>)

--
Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd