[AccessD] Redemption DLL WAS: Poll: How many versions...

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Nov 20 12:20:44 CST 2003

Jim,

If I were a VB6 programmer I probably would have attacked this problem ages
ago.  Since I'm not I don't routinely build DLLs.  All I know is that when I
try to use VBEErrorHandler I have to open the run dialog, and paste in a
line of code that causes it to be registered.  Thinking about it in that
light, I have to assume I could run that same line of code in a batch file,
properly modified with the name of the dll to register?  Assuming that it
doesn't annoy the user with an error message the 2nd and subsequent times I
register it (the user runs the "download my app" batch file every morning)
then it would be easy enough to start using something like redemption.

In the end, inertia is the reason I don't (I've been reading Isaac Asimov's
Physics book).  If an object is at rest (Me re dlls) it takes an external
force to put it in motion.

<grin>