AW: [AccessD] OT Excel refer to form control

Garraway, Alun Alun.Garraway at otto.de
Fri Nov 21 09:52:04 CST 2003

hi Kath

I've now tried both types of comboboxs, no problems with loading
data or passing value/text to variable. both have the change event.

remember in excel each sheet is like a "module" that means if you have
a combobox on sheet1 you have to go to the ide and select "Sheet1"
in the project explorer, then select the object from the objectlist,
with the combobox the change event is standard.
then you can use var = me.combobox1.value ( or .text) example i sent u.

if you want to get the value/text of the combobox from a module
then you need something like this:

Sub getit()
    Dim v As Variant
    Dim o As ComboBox

    Set o = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).cbo2

    v = o.Value
    Debug.Print v

End Sub

hth
alun

btw regarding your other problem the only solution i know is, as you
said, to use different ranges depending on the selection.