[AccessD] AV Software on Servers [was Redemption DLL ]

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Sat Nov 22 19:24:06 CST 2003

Yes, ScanMail will scan the files within a zip file.  You can even set how
deep you want it to scan (for zips within zips).  I think we are set to 5
levels.  We have never blocked .zip files, and I certainly don't plan on
starting.  We do block any extension that can be run off the bat, such as
.exe, .com, .bat, etc.  Those are blocked simply as a buffer, since brand
new viruses aren't caught until Trend updates their patterns (which they do
pretty fast).  Once a virus is in the pattern though, it will strip it out
of zip files.

Drew