[AccessD] Corrupt Backend Database - Help!

Borge Steen Hansen pcs at azizaz.com
Tue Nov 25 19:46:08 CST 2003

Hi, can anyone help with some direction here, please....

Access97 - corrupt backend database
We can see the linked tables in the frontend.
When I try and open the backend directly, the database window is empty -
shows no tables, queries etc.

I get the message that reads : "isn't an index in this table. Look in the
Indexes Collection of the TableDef object to determine the valid index
names".

An attempt to repair using the /repair switch when starting the database
does not do the trick.

When trying to import the tables into a blank database you get messages
about missing index etc etc.

So, as it says it's probably the index for one or more of the system tables
that handles all the tables etc. in the backend that's screwed up - gone
missing.....

Any one around that can help here, please ????

Conceptually, I would imagine that it would be possible from a different
database run som DAO code that would re-build the indexes of all the system
tables or something like that in the corrupt backend

Worst case scenario is to use backup from last friday - but the boss has
been working all weekend adding and modifying data, so we really would like
to salvage the corrupt backend......

Cheers

Borge