[AccessD] Pull Most Recent

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Oct 1 04:58:31 CDT 2003

Hi Gowey

On a more serious note, here is a function taking advantage of the
nice ParamArray feature. It can be used for any (reasonable) amount
(including zero) input values:

<code>

Public Function DateMax(ParamArray avarDates() As Variant) As Date

' Return maximum date/time value of elements in
' array avarDates().
' If no elements of array avarDates() are dates,
' value of cdatEmpty is returned.
'
' 2003-09-30. Cactus Data ApS, CPH.

  ' Return value for an empty array.
  Const cdatEmpty As Date = #1/1/100#

  Dim varDate     As Variant
  Dim varDateMax  As Variant

  For Each varDate In avarDates()
    If IsDate(varDate) Then
      If VarType(varDate) <> vbDate Then
        varDate = CDate(varDate)
      End If
      If varDate > varDateMax Then
        varDateMax = varDate
      End If
    End If
  Next

  If IsEmpty(varDateMax) Then
    varDateMax = cdatEmpty
  End If

  DateMax = varDateMax

End Function

</code>

For your display textbox, use

  =DateMax(Me!txtBox1, Me!txtBox2, ... , Me!txtBox6)

/gustav