[AccessD] Interrupting processing

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Wed Oct 1 13:37:18 CDT 2003

Dear List:

I have an application with a lot of reports that take a considerable time to run.  I always put a couple of text boxes on the calling form saying "Processing record: xxxxx of yyyyy" and update it so the user knows there's something going on and how much longer it will be before the report comes up.

What I would like to do is to have a hotkey - probably the ESCape key - which would interrupt the processing, pop up a message box saying "Processing Interrupted.  Continue? (Yes/No)" and if the user elects to continue have the code pick up where it was interrupted. Is this possible?

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software