[AccessD] Can't open any more databases (Concluded)

David Fenton dfe at nudgeeinternational.com
Thu Oct 2 17:33:50 CDT 2003

Thank you for your excellent insights Jim,
Looks like it's back to the drawing board. I'm definitely pushing the limits of the table references then. What do you make of the MVPS <http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0010.htm>  article the, where they refer to 1024 references?  When I noticed that Susan was referring to a specific problem that occurs on Novell, I knew that since I'm on Win2000 server it wouldn't help.

I have temporarily solved the problem by closing other forms that happened to be open at the same time, thereby closing some references. I will experiment with refining the record source under the open subforms on the offending form. But since I can never predict what forms the user might have open, I'd prefer to work towards a more robust solution so that I can be 100% certain the user will never see the error message.

Anyway, thanks for your valued help.

Cheers
David Fenton Ô¿Ô¬
Brisbane