[AccessD] Report doesn't show data?!

Sad Der accessd666 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 04:26:06 CDT 2003

Hi group,
I created a report. Recordsource is a query.
The report has a report header and a report detail.
In the report header I have 12 labels named:
lblHeaderx (x = a number between 1 through 12)

In the report detail section I have 12 textboxes
named:
txtDatax (x = a number between 1 through 12)

In the forms On_Open event I've got the code below
(from ADHB2K). However I cannot seem to get any
data?!?! Any idea why not?

TIA

SD

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    ' You didn't know how many columns, or what
    ' their names would be, until now.
    ' Fill in the label captions,
    ' and control ControlSources.

    Dim intColCount As Integer
    Dim intControlCount As Integer
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim strName As String

    On Error Resume Next

    Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset

    Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset
    rst.Open _
     Source:=Me.RecordSource, _
     ActiveConnection:=CurrentProject.Connection, _

    intColCount = rst.Fields.Count
    intControlCount = Me.Detail.Controls.Count

    If intControlCount < intColCount Then
        intColCount = intControlCount
    End If

    ' Fill in information for the necessary controls.
    For i = 1 To intColCount
        strName = rst.Fields(i - 1).Name
        Me.Controls("lblHeader" & i).Caption = strName
        Me.Controls("txtData" & i).ControlSource =
strName
    Next i

    ' Hide the extra controls.
    For i = intColCount + 1 To intControlCount
        Me.Controls("txtData" & i).Visible = False
        Me.Controls("lblHeader" & i).Visible = False
    Next i

    ' Close the recordset.
    rst.Close
End Sub