[AccessD] TextTransfer

Bob Bedell bobbedell15 at msn.com
Sat Oct 25 08:33:12 CDT 2003

Hi folks,

I just have a general question about all the available methods for
transferring text using Access. I guess TransferText, the
FileSystemObject, and the basic I/O methods (like Print#), are all valid
options for this sort of thing, plus probably a few others I'm unaware
of. My questions are, is there any reason to prefer one over the other,
or is each best suited for a specific task, and  what are the major
differences, and  what to people most frequently use, etc? I'm just
talking about getting basic delimited text files (or maybe XML files)
into and out of Access. Also, does the Import/Export wizard just create
plain old vanilla schema.ini files for file specifications, and if so is
there anyway to access those files from the file system, to modify them
manually or move them, i.e., where are they stored, etc.?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Bob