[AccessD] Yes. Another Silly Access Question.

Frank Tanner III pctech at mybellybutton.com
Mon Oct 27 10:41:24 CST 2003

Ok....Here we go.  Hang on to your bloomers....hehehe

I am using a sort of "check out" system in order to
ensure that duplicates are not contacted.  It works
like this...

I have a back-end database table that is my master
table of records.  I want my people to click a button
called "Get Information" that will read the first
available record into a "make table query" to create a
temporary local front-end table and delete it from the
master table in the back-end.  Sort of like checking
out a book from the library.  Once this record is
pulled from the master table in the back-end, it will
never go back into that back-end table.  it will go
into other back-end tables, depending on the
disposition of the information.  Sorta like this...

Get Information pulls "next available record" from
tbl_customer_info.  Preferrably via a make table
query, and stuffs it into a front-end table called
tmp_customer_info and completely removes said record
from the back-end tbl_customer_info table.

Once the local work has been done it will be "saved"
to a different back-end table and the local table,
tmp_customer_information, will be cleared/deleted.
Thus the need for some sort of make table type of
query.  Then the next time that a user clicks the Get
Information, this process starts all over again.

I'm kind of at a loss as to how to do this.  Any
ideas?  Thank you.