[AccessD] Access 2.0 (yes 2.0) and SQL Server 2000

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Mon Oct 27 17:31:33 CST 2003

I have been keeping a fairly substantial legacy app alive for a while now,
that uses Access 2.0 as its front-end and SQL Server 2000 as its back-end.
It has a couple of continuous forms that use pass-through queries as a
recordsource.

It seems that lately (although this problem may have existed for a while
without my knowledge), when these forms are left open for 30-60 seconds
without any activity, the users receive the following errors:

ODBC-call failed.
[Microsoft][ODBC DLL]Function sequence error (#0)

Doing an intensive Google search, I determined that this message may be the
result of thunking between a single-threaded driver (16-bit ODBC.DLL) and a
multi-threaded driver (32-bit SQLSRV32.DLL).  One suggestion was to add the
following entry to the msacc20.ini file:

[ODBC]
DisableAsync=1

This is supposed to disable asynchronous processing, but I still get the
same error.

I know that this is a shot in the dark, but there has to be someone out
there who has experienced this.  Any ideas?

Brett Barabash, MCP
Tappe Construction, Co.
Eagan, MN
bbarabash at tappeconstruction.com
(651) 256-6831

"One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a
cardboard box and sit in a warehouse."  -Jack Handey

they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Tappe Construction Co.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.