[AccessD] Date data entry

A.D.Tejpal adtp at touchtelindia.net
Mon Oct 6 13:44:26 CDT 2003

John,

    The following course of action is suggested -

    (a) Input Mask property of the text box may be set as -
            99-99-9999; ; _
    (b) The code given below may be used in the Enter and BeforeUpdate events of the text box (named TxtDt). The latter is needed in order to ensure  compliance with mm-dd-yyyy. (Had we been able to adopt 00-00-0000; ; _ as the input mask straightaway,  this validation would not have been called for).

Regards,
A.D.Tejpal
--------------
-------------
Code Start
-------------
Private Sub TxtDt_Enter()
    If Len(TxtDt) > 0 Then
    Else
        TxtDt = "  -  -" & Year(Date)
        TxtDt.SelStart = 0
        TxtDt.SelLength = 0
    End If
End Sub

Private Sub TxtDt_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
    Dim TXT As String

    ' Replace space in TXT variable with zero length string
    TXT = Replace(TxtDt.Text, " ", "")
    If Len(TXT) > 0 And Len(TXT) < 10 Then
        MsgBox "Date And Month Parts " & _
                        "Should be Two Digits Each" & _
                        vbCrLf & "Year Part Should Be Four Digits"
        Cancel = 1
    End If
End Sub
Code End