[AccessD] images in Access

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Oct 7 09:01:52 CDT 2003

Hi John

You may wish to contact Shamil or Jim Dettman - they worked with the
same task 1½ years ago ... as quoted below.

/gustav

> Date: 2003-10-06 21:47

> I have a client that stored well over a hundred images in their db (employee
> pictures).  The db is bloated and slow, and I want to pull these images out
> and store them on disk.

> Does anyone have any code for reading the image out of a table, and saving
> the image to disk so that I can then replace the image with a link to the
> image?  Maybe even generate the path to the image and save that path back in
> another field?

<quote>

  It's not much as far as technique goes.  Since the OLE wrapper is not
documented anywhere, the only way to get a graphic is through a form
control.  From there, it's either sendkeys or OLE automation to control an
app (such as MS paint) to save the file.

  If you want a copy of what I sent to Shamil, just send me an e-mail
off-list.

Jim Dettman
President,
Online Computer Services of WNY, Inc.