[AccessD] What to do when subreport used as textbox source has no data

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 8 18:34:29 CDT 2003

...sounds like an IIF to me :)))

William Hindman
<http://www.freestateproject.org> - Do you want liberty in your lifetime?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nancy Lytle
  To: AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 7:00 PM
  Subject: [AccessD] What to do when subreport used as textbox source has no data

  I have a main report with 3 subreports, all are related by the field
  ProgramCode.  There is a record in three of the reports (Main and 2
  subreports) for every ProgramCode.  I also use the values in the subreports
  to populate a text box - txtAB = Sub1.field + sub2.field- sub3.field -
  sub3.field.  This works fine except for the case where the ProgramCode has
  no record in Subreport3, then that subreport doesn't show and the textbox is
  filled with error#.  How do I get the textbox to use txtAB = Sub1.field +
  sub2.field where there is no sub report for the linked field.

  Hope I explained this okay.
  TIA
  Nancy L

  N_Lytle at terpalum.umd.edu