[AccessD] Re: Help, date diff

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Thu Oct 9 13:26:36 CDT 2003

Oleg,

You need to rename your table.  DATE is a reserved word in Access and you
are probably hitting that as an issue.

I would recommend naming it tsys_LastDate.  You know it is a table
(t).  You know the system uses it (sys).  And, you know it's function (Last
Date).

Also, I would name your command button something other than Command1.

Something like this would work:

Sub Check_Run_Date()
      dim db as database, rs as recordset
      set db = currentdb()
      set rs = db.openrecordset("SELECT * FROM tsys_LastDate;", dbopendynaset)
      if DateDiff("h", rs!LDate, now()) > 14 then
           rs.edit
                rs!LDate = now()
           rs.update
      Else
           msgbox ("The function was already performed today")
      End If
      rs.close
      set db = nothing
End Sub