[AccessD] converting csv to table

Oleg_123 at xuppa.com Oleg_123 at xuppa.com
Tue Oct 14 11:10:25 CDT 2003

Hey Group
I have to convert a CSV file to Access table, with one of the records
changing from yearmonthdate(19980123) to monthdateyear(01231998) format.
So I gues I can't use macro for that since it doesn't recognise
yearmonthdate format. I wrote the code below yesterday and tested it at
home on diff table and it worked up till including Debug.Print
aRecord(8)line  then I had trouble sending received data to table. Now it
doesn't work at all.. any suggestions ?

Dim fs As New Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim ts As Scripting.TextStream
Dim strLine As String
Dim aRecord
Dim strSQL As String
Dim con As New ADODB.Connection

If fs.FileExists("U:\Users\HRIS\oleg\cars testing\trainFROM.csv") Then

    Set ts = fs.OpenTextFile("U:\Users\HRIS\oleg\cars
testing\trainFROM.csv", ForReading)

    Do Until ts.AtEndOfStream

        strLine = ts.ReadLine
        aRecord = split(strLine, ",")

        aRecord(8) = Mid(aRecord(8), 5) & Left(aRecord(8), 4)

        Debug.Print aRecord(8)

        strSQL = "INSERT table value(" & aRecord(0) & "," & aRecord(8) & ")"
        'con.Execute (strSQL)

    Loop
Else
     MsgBox ("file doesn't exist")