[AccessD] 'splain this thing to me - toolbars

Michael R Mattys michael.mattys at adelphia.net
Mon Oct 20 14:21:54 CDT 2003

John,

I guess you already know that you associate a
particular menu or toolbar with a form or report
by using the object's property sheet so that OnOpen
it will get the bar.

However, all of the bars are available in Commandbars,
which is how you access them programmatically.

The CommandBar itself stores it's binary information
in the registry under the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\
Office\9.0\Access\Settings\CommandBars

Some of the information you are seeking can
be found on the StartUp menu, which is accessed
using Application.GetOption / SetOption.

Michael R. Mattys
Try MattysMapLib for MapPoint at
www.mattysconsulting.com