[AccessD] Access Stays Open

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Oct 21 10:31:32 CDT 2003

Access 2000 and XP are much less forgiving of undestroyed objects than
97.  Another difference is that a hidden form will keep the database
open when you try to quit, which is not the same behavior as 97.  Make
sure you explicitly destroy any object variables populated using the Set
keyword.  Also make sure that you use a full evaluation of things like
checkboxes in your code.  In other words, use

If Me.Checkbox = True Then

And not

If Me.Checkbox Then

Or else wrap the expression Me.Checkbox in parens to force an
evaluation.  Otherwise, Access can hang up on that issue as well.

Charlotte Foust