[AccessD] Documenting a Database

Greg Smith weeden1949 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 13:30:02 CDT 2003

Hi Everyone!

I have a question that may have been mentioned before, but I honestly don't
remember seeing it anywhere for a long time.

I have a secured (via Access's security) database, with FE and BE, which I
need to fully document.  Yes, you can use the built in Documenter for all
the definitions of forms, etc., and it provides a lengthy, but complete,
definition of everything.  However, to have someone look at it without a
thorough explanation from myself, the Documenter's information tends to be,
how should I say this, uhhh, useless.

I would like to be able to show how all the forms are related through the
various menu's, table relationships with regard to forms and reports, etc.
Generally information that would give a person a reasonably good idea of how
it's laid out pictorially (pictures are worth a thousand words, you know...)
so when examining the underlying code, a person could better understand how
everything interacts.

Hmm.  Maybe I need it for ME...<vbg>...too.

Of course, cost enters the picture too.  I'd like something FREE, but
usually when you get something FREE, functionality becomes very very
limited.  Free and useless won't help me much.  Take the built in Documenter
for example...;)

This Database is currently written in A97, but will soon be migrated into
AXP.  However, I guess the documenting will apply in either case similarly.

Does anyone know of a program or utility that does this?  Or even comes
close to it?

Thanks!

Greg Smith
Weeden1949 at hotmail.com