[AccessD] Re: Performance ADO - DAO or ??

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Wed Oct 22 10:56:34 CDT 2003

Marcel,

Looks like you are doing everything right.

Since you are using 2000, I would explore using
the MSDE for the backend.  You would be fine on
the number of users it is designed for.  Then I
would convert everything to an ADP and use ADO.
I have found that on one of my large forms, 8
subforms with 2 sub-subforms, in MDE it loaded
in about 15 seconds, in ADP < 2 seconds.

Sorry that I cannot give you any more advise than
that.

Robert