[AccessD] Re: Visual Source Safe and ADP file

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Wed Oct 22 14:15:01 CDT 2003

Susan,

I answered this yesterday.

The answer is no.  Since Access stores everything as a binary object, you
cannot do it in what you would thing would be a "normal" way of doing it.

But, here is a way of exporting the individual objects out to a text file
so you can store them in VSS individually.  There is also a function to
recover them from the text file, and 2 sample functions on how to use it.

Public Sub FormLoadFromText(strForm As String, strPath As String)
     ' A2K and later
     ' Loads Form from Text File
     Dim strFullPath As String
     strFullPath = strPath & "\" & strForm & ".txt"
     Application.LoadFromText acForm, strForm, strFullPath
End Sub

Public Sub FormSaveAsText(strForm As String, strPath As String)
     ' A2K and later
     ' Saves Forms to Text Files
     Dim strFullPath As String
     strFullPath = strPath & "\" & strForm & ".txt"
     Application.SaveAsText acForm, strForm, strFullPath
End Sub

Public Sub Setup_Load()
     Dim strPath As String
     strPath = "C:\Projects\Samples\QueryTest"  ' Your path here
     FormLoadFromText "frmTestSub_Dyn", strPath
     FormLoadFromText "frmTestSub_Fn", strPath
     FormLoadFromText "frmTestSub", strPath
     FormLoadFromText "frmTestLst", strPath
End Sub

Public Sub Setup_Save()
     Dim strPath As String
     strPath = "C:\Projects\Samples\QueryTest"  ' Your path here
     FormSaveAsText "frmTestLst", strPath
     FormSaveAsText "frmTestSub", strPath
     FormSaveAsText "frmTestSub_Dyn", strPath
     FormSaveAsText "frmTestSub_Fn", strPath
End Sub

FYI, here are the SaveAsText and LoadFromText options for the first parameter:

acDataAccessPage
acDiagram
acForm
acFunction