[Accessd] Crashes Sending Email

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Wed Oct 22 16:02:53 CDT 2003

Yes it is. - SR-1

-----Original Message-----
From: Greggs [mailto:greggs at msn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 2:09 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [Accessd] Crashes Sending Email

Virginia,

Is your Access 2K running SP1?

Gregg

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of
Hollis,Virginia
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 6:50 AM
To: 'accessd at databaseadvisors.com'
Subject: [AccessD] Crashes Sending Email

I have a database set up so an email notification is sent via Outlook for
new task assignments. I have not had any problems until converting the
database from 97 to A2K. Outlook will open with the message completed, but
after I press Send, I get a page fault error and it crashes:
MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
017f:bff7a138.

What can I do to prevent the database from crashing every time I press Send?
Why is it happening in A2K?

Virginia

This is the code I have on the button to send the emails.
*********************
'New assignment of EFR.
Dim Mess As String, Subject As String, Recipient As String, Cc As String,
Bcc As String
Dim Msg, Style, Title, Response, MyString
    Beep
Msg = "Do you want to send a notification ?"   ' Define message.
Style = vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbDefaultButton1 ' Define buttons.
Title = "New EFR Assignment"  ' Define title.

        ' Display message.
Response = MsgBox(Msg, Style, Title)
If Response = vbYes Then    ' User chose Yes.
MyString = "Yes"    ' Perform some action.

    Recipient = DLookup("[Initiator]", "qryInitiator",
"[EngineerID]=[Forms]![frmNewEFR]![EngineerID]")
    Subject = "New Equipment Failure Report EFR-" +
CStr(Format([FailureReportNo], "00000"))
    Cc = "Robert Cross; Chris Hoffman"
    Bcc = "Virginia Hollis"
    Mess = "You have been assigned the following Equipment Failure Report: "
+ vbCrLf + vbCrLf + _
    "EFR-" + CStr(Format([FailureReportNo], "00000")) + vbCrLf + _
    "Assigned to: " + DLookup("[Initiator]", "qryInitiator",
"[EngineerID]=[Forms]![frmNewEFR]![EngineerID]") + vbCrLf + _
    "ATR: " + CStr([ATRNumber]) + vbCrLf + _
    "Date assigned: " + CStr([DateMail]) + vbCrLf + vbCrLf + _
    "Please complete your review within the next five (5) days."

On Error Resume Next
DoCmd.SendObject , , , Recipient, Cc, Bcc, Subject, Mess

Else    ' User chose No.
    MyString = "No" ' Perform some action.

End If

Exit_cmdNew_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_cmdNew_Click:
    Select Case Err
    Case 0      'insert Errors you wish to ignore here
        Resume Next
    Case Else   'All other errors will trap
        Beep
        MsgBox Error$, , "Error in function Form_frmNewEFR.cmdNew _Click"
    Resume Exit_cmdNew_Click
    End Select
    Resume Next    'FOR TROUBLESHOOTING