[AccessD] Error 3170 Could not find installable ISAM

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 24 15:56:48 CDT 2003

There were changes to some of the Foxpro Isam drivers in Jet SP-4 to
SP-6. I cant find the SP file manifests on the MS site they keep moving
them.
So an upgrade to Jet SP-8 might fix or maybe ( a big maybe -- the Visual
FoxPro V8 oledb provider might work rather than the old ODBC driver). I
don't know how backward compatible it is. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/

Jet SP 8.0
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829558
Look at version properties of dll to see what service pack you have

Msjet40.dll Version Jet 4.0 Service Pack Level
4.0.2927.4 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
4.0.3714.7 Service Pack 4 (SP4)
4.0.4431.1 or 4.0.4431.3 Service Pack 5 (SP5)
4.0.6218.0 Service Pack 6 (SP6)
4.0.6807.0 Service Pack 6 (SP6) shipped only with Windows Server 2003
4.0.7328.0 Service Pack 7 (SP7)
4.0.8015.0 Service Pack 8 (SP8)