[AccessD] Subform => New Record first?

Kath Pelletti SDSSoftware at optusnet.com.au
Fri Oct 24 19:21:50 CDT 2003

Very clever. I like it
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Reuben Cummings
  To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
  Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 1:07 AM
  Subject: RE: [AccessD] Subform => New Record first?

  Something I have done on several occasions to handle this very thing is to
  basically ignore the subform as the solution, but rather put unbound fields
  on the main form directly above the fields of the subform.

  If you do not have the subform sunken you can't hardly tell they are not in
  the subform (I usually leave mine sunken though).

  The user inputs the new data into the unbound fields of the main form,
  clicks an add button.  You validate the data, write the data to the table
  and requery the subform.  And if that record needs to be at the top then
  just set the sort order accordingly.

  Reuben Cummings
  GFC, LLC
  phone: 812.523.1017