[AccessD] Yes. Another Silly Access Question.

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Oct 27 14:46:04 CST 2003

Frank,

You don't 'Peel off" a record.  You can use a SQL statement to select a
record.  Then turn that query into a make table query.  Once the query has
run, run a second query that deletes the record in the original table.

Too bad you have to deal with an idiot.  Doing it this way really is bad
design, and could potentially lead to problems (in a multi-user system)
where two people manage to get the same record because it is still there
while you are doing the make table query.  In fact I'd advise you add that
"in use" flag to the table so that you can set that flag to prevent anyone
else getting the same record.

I have had to fire clients where the client dictated the design to that
level.  They never know what they are doing, and they always blame you when
it doesn't work as they thought it would.

Good luck!

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com