[AccessD] security issue with Office XP

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 27 19:51:32 CST 2003

On 27 Oct 2003 at 15:15, Klos, Susan wrote:

> We are on a Novel Network.  When we create a database on the sun
> server downstairs, those of us with AccessXP cannot execute it from
> the server. Even though we have execute rights on the server and on
> the files.  The operating system on the box is Unix.  When we try to
> execute an mdb residing on the server we get this message:
>
> "Microsoft Access cannot open this file.  This file is located outside
> out intranet or on an untrusted site.  Microsoft Access will not open
> the file due to potential security problems.  To open the file, copy
> it to youro machine or an accessible network location."

> Can someone help us out of this situation?  Thanks.

I'm not sure how the Sun box is connected to the Novell network, but
*IF* it running Samba to get it connected to the network, then I
*THINK* it may have something to do with the version of Samba or one
of the settings in the Samba config file on the Sun box.

I seem to recall reading something like this a while back. It may
have been fixed by V3.0 of Samba

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... but a true friend
will be sitting next to you saying ^Damn... We ****ed up.^