[AccessD] OT Networking at home (complete NOVICE)

Tesiny, Ed EdTesiny at oasas.state.ny.us
Thu Oct 30 10:06:09 CST 2003

Paul,
Check the recent posts to dba-tech

Ed Tesiny
EdTesiny at oasas.state.ny.us

-----Original Message-----
From: paul.hartland at fsmail.net [mailto:paul.hartland at fsmail.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 11:01 AM
To: accessd
Subject: [AccessD] OT Networking at home (complete NOVICE)

To all,
I have two desktop PC's at home (1 downstairs, 1 upstairs), mine is
upstairs parents are downstairs.  I have broadband internet connection.
I want to enable them to use my broadband connection from downstairs.
Could someone please give me advice on solutions for this, whats
involved, what I will have to learn etc.  I would like to go for the
wireless option (if possible), if anyone has any experience on this.
Also hopefully at some point next year I will be starting up on my own
(part-time), so I will be looking at servers etc hopefully.
Any advice on best solutions v cost will be greatly appreciated.
Paul Hartland